Logo

Montgomery Ward Sea King 5

i have a sea king 5 model# gg18801a I would like to know what year it is. I am pretty sure it is a gale because of gg in model number

Re: I've got 1 45GG-9015A I&#3

I have the complete 35GG9015A owners manual. You are welcome to a copy. I am looking for a copy of the model 45GG-9015A serial # 529731 motor. I am getting ready to replace the water pump impellor and repair the damage after my sister set it on fire (she did now understand the function of the prime). She left it on flooded the motor, half of Lake St. Clair, and the stern of the boat. They had to abandon ship and fight the fire from the water. Our father had just asked me to tune the motor and I took it home to do same. I was assembling the necessary parts when she called up and said something to the effect like: "Dad says you have the motor and he said I can borrow it when you are done fixing it". I told her that I was still buying parts and that it just barely runs and not to use it because you might get stranded. Well she came by one day when I was not home. took it...well you know the story. Sadly our father died before I have finished the project. I would really like a repair manual before going into the lower end. I can be reached at [email protected]

motor won't run smooth ? won't start after setting all winter ? needs to be choked to run ? ...clean the carb . take it apart and lay the parts out on something clean ... then clean the parts with lacquer thinner .. it cuts gunk very well and very quick. ream out jets and passages with "tip cleaners" (they are what is used to clean out gas cutting torches and brassing tips) the tip cleaner sets are cheap and have a file on each size rod ... 90 % of the time a good cleaning will solve the above problems.......

I was replacing the coils, points, and condensers on my 45GG motor and I did a dumb thing. I disconnected all. I am wondering...Does each coil need to be connected to a specific pair of points and condensers of does it matter? I can be reached directly at [email protected]

Re: "I have a 45gg-9015a mongomery

@ Mikcha61. I have reprints of the 15, 35, & 45 GG models. I also have reprints of the parts and repair manual for the 15 GG model. I can be reached at [email protected] or on eBay as donparadowski. By the way, I have been searching for the description of part # 200-322 as well as 202-111, and 202-114 in order to update my 15 GG parts and repair manual.

Re: "I have a 45gg-9015a mongomery

I have solved the mystery of which point set goes to which coil. As you are looking at the motor as mounted on the transom of a boat the points that go to a coil is to the right of that coil.

Re: "35GG9015A Looks to be a 1953

i have a 1950 5hp sea king went through the carb and just about everything else minus the cylinders seems to hav no spark...not sure how to go about disassmbling and fixing

i have a 1950 5hp sea king went through the carb and just about everything else minus the cylinders seems to hav no spark...not sure how to go about disassmbling and fixing

Did you check the points and condenser? Also take a look at the two mag coils. If they are cracked...replace them. Lastly what shape are the plug wires in?

Did you check the points and condenser? Also take a look at the two mag coils. If they are cracked...replace them. Lastly what shape are the plug wires in?

I forgot to mention if you want to change the points and condensers you can do that through the oval hole in the top of the flywheel. If you need to change the mags you will need to remove the flywheel to do that. It requires 46 foot pounds of torque to reset it properly.

NEW TO THE SITE. i HAVE A MONTGOMERY WARDS SEA KING K500 XTV 52250. IM LOOKING TO FIRE THIS PUPPY UP. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT AND KNOWS THE YEAR IT WAS MADE, IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. LOOKING FOR CARB/FUEL PUMP REBUILD KIT,SPARK PLUG AND POINTS.

Back