Logo

Trim tabs

chrisk63

"well,first trip of the new se

"well,first trip of the new season with the new boat and i managed to nudge the dock and knock off a trim tab,nothing is broken,the tab is not mangled,either is the piston,seems that as the boat hit the dock the tab slid of the hinge.
it seems that if i loosen the screws in some shallow water,so i can stand instead of laying on the dock or swim platform, i may be able to slide it back in and tighten the screws into the transom,what do you guy`s think? i really dont want to pay for a haul to do a few minute job.
thanks
Chris"

"be aware there are two plates

"be aware there are two plates. a flat one, and the outer one. leave a couple screws in loosely to avoid dropping. use a good below water sealer on screws.(NOT silicone) should go right back on. (you may have to disconnect from ram)"

"thanks scott,
i already remo

"thanks scott,
i already removed the tab itself so it would not rip the ram out when i used the boat,i saw a parts list on the bennett website and saw the 2 plates,i was not aware of that. boat runs pretty level so i will wait for the water to warm up before i jump in.
chris"

Back