Logo

Chrysler 35hp charging circuit

8950keith

I have circuit diagrams for th

I have circuit diagrams for the motor.It ia a magneto ignition system.There is no sign of a rectifier or regulator.is this correct.I thought a magneto produced ac.If this is so how can it safely charge my battery.Mutimeter says about 17v to 19v at battery terminal with the moter running.Please confirm if this is ok. Keith

"Hi Just-In-Time,
a 1973 mode

"Hi Just-In-Time,
a 1973 model 35 4hf.I would recognize a rectifier if I saw one unless it is under the flywheel but the circuit diagram doesn't show one.Can this be the case?thanks for your help.Please let me know if you have any thoughts.Regards Keith"

"Hi Just-In-Time,
The serial

"Hi Just-In-Time,
The serial no is 4155.According to the Maxrules.com. website they list the model as a 1973.I have no other way to date it.Thanks.Keith"

"Hi Jus-in Time,
I cannot fin

"Hi Jus-in Time,
I cannot find anything about my charging circuit on mercury parts express.I cannot get much information because they only deal with USA and Canada and I am in Australia.This means I cannot negotiate around their site much.Who else may be able to tell me if I should have a rectifier.Thanks for all your responses.Keith"

"Hallo Keith,
I have an 30 HP

"Hallo Keith,
I have an 30 HP type 304HA also of the year 1973 . This motor has the same Magneto Ignition system as your. Does your motor realy charged the battery without a rectifier?"

Back