Logo

JWBmarineTHANKSWhere would it be to do manually

mamasplace

"Thanks jwbmarine,
will look

"Thanks jwbmarine,
will look for that line or bulb. Do you know where the place is that we need to do it manually? On the 1969 85 johnson answer you gave eailer.
And what would the oil to gas ratio be?
Thanks so much !!"

There should be a small lever

There should be a small lever at the center of the engine just above the transom to release/lock the engine tilt mechanism.

Miixture is 50/1.

Note.... You would be better off to stick with the same thread "unless" you change the topic.

"Thanks so much. I think we kn

"Thanks so much. I think we know the place you are talking about. There are 2 springs under the moter and a lever, we have tried and tried but can't get it to release.
Thanks"

"That's not what I speak o

"That's not what I speak of, although that is the release/locking mechanism, BUT if you can remove that bar that the locking hook grabs onto, that will of course release the engine.

The small lock/release lever that I speak of would be one that you can flip to the left and to the right to lock/release the engine. If you were in the boat looking at the engine just above the transom, dead center between the two transom brackets that bolt the engine to the boat, you would be looking directly at it. See #21 Small Lever, #17 Lock Rod, #22 Lock Hook.
url]
"

"Awesome pic. where the heck d

"Awesome pic. where the heck did u find it ? !! Yes , we did get it released the first way, just bso my hubby could check it out. But...now we know how to do it in the water...LOL
Thanks to everyone that has been so totally awesome with your feedback.
Tonya"

Back