Logo

Yanmar 1GM10

K

KJackson

"Hello, I have recently purcha

"Hello, I have recently purchased a Pegasus 700 with an inboard Yanmar 1GM10 diesel,and I would like to service the engine. Can anyone advise where I can get a manual for this engine,and things to consider and look out for when servicing.All help much appreciated.
K J"

Yanmar make a great service bo

Yanmar make a great service book. # A0B 5004
contact your local dealer and get one. Change lube oil and all filters including fuel once a year. Run engine at 3000 RPM top is 3600 RPM
adjust valve lash to .008 each cold. Carry spare v-belt and water pump impeller. The service book is a good and easy read

"Thanks Ron for the info,I wil

"Thanks Ron for the info,I will get a copy and service the engine."

"Hi,
How full should the gear

"Hi,
How full should the gear box be full of oil?"

"Hi That depends on the model

"Hi That depends on the model of the gear box. Best to get a users manual for it. Better yet a service book is a good read.
Generaly unscrew the dip stick. Hold the dip stick to the hole and read the level. Most have a line cut around the dip stick tube, about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Fill to that line. It will have the quanity of oil and the type oil on a tag on the gear box. Enjoy"

"Hi,Our 1GM10 will not idle wi

"Hi,Our 1GM10 will not idle without vibrating badly unless the speed control lever is in mid position ie.about 1" from the stop bracket.The engine is very slow to respond to speed changes.The fuel system has been completely cleaned including a new tank and all filters changed and system bled.A new cyl.head and valves fitted 1 year ago also new exh.elbow.I would appreciate your suggestions."

"Your idle should be 650 to 75

"Your idle should be 650 to 750 and make sure the engine stop cable is not partialy engaged. Check fuel lines and copper washers are tight and make sure that you are not sucking air, beeld the system again. I find that installing a simple outboard primer bulb does push the fuel through suction side, especially if the fuel filter water trap is on that side. That will be the any place on the line up to the fuel feed pump. One the engine is running, loosen the nut on the high pressure line to the fuel injecter untill you see fuel. The odd time you may get an air lock there.Also sometimes at the line to the high pressure pump. Ron"

"hi idle is set at 850 rpm no

"hi idle is set at 850 rpm no load(neutral)as in manual(yanmar)but mind never liked to idle that low and was set at about 1200rpm probably from previous owner to disuise engine noises,i have tried to adjust and it bonces around abit and causes the no charge light to come on for the alternator,so put it back to 1100,i would re torque the head adjust valve lash do this when engine is cold check all fuel unions especially seating washers for the bleed screws,coppers ones may be heated to soften to use again,as copper work hardens,bleed system sometimes it takes a coupe of times,when doing fuel injector,put into full thottle postion,operate the decompression lever,turn engine with starter for no more than 15sec as you open the fuel injection pipetighten after air is expelled always tighten as fuel is pumped out as this well be a sure way that air isn't drawn back in,on mine i actually tyed the decompression lever is the engaged position as you don't want it to start or you could try bleeding to pump and then start engine and open injector line just abit bouncy thats all"

"[url=""]www.cascadeengine.com

"www.cascadeengine.com for workshop manual just accept terms and download its free there is an operating manual too the model there is 1GM10c its got the same specs as 1gm10 this is a proper YANMER manual and this is from a yanmar site so all legal also there is another manual from yanmar motoren its a german site i think and you can download an aftermarket manual for free from there,both these links are in cruisersforum.com simply just GOOGLE yanmar motoren and scroll down there should be a heading saying LOOKING FOR YANMAR 3GM manual-CRIUSERS@SAILING FORUMS GO THERE AND YOU WELL GET BOTH LINKS OH YES 3GM IS INCLUDED IN 1GM10 MANUAL IT COVERS A FEW MODELS I RECOMMEND BOTH as one is manufacturers and one after market both have shenghts and weaknesses with the two you cover both bases so to speak hope i have been of help oh cruisersforum is a good source of information as is this sits cheers grant} oh its linked manuals cruisersforum ignore this and go via google search if you have trouble my e-mail is [email protected]"

Has anyone converted the 1GM10

Has anyone converted the 1GM10 into fresh water cooled. If so where did you get the heat exchanger and thermostat for the engine.

"Hi Craig, Years ago Sedure us

"Hi Craig, Years ago Sedure use to make a kit for this unit. They used an electric pump but this pump was not for continuous use. There is not a "hot" t-stat made that I am aware of. The t-stat is special to the engine. There was a problem is fitting another pump for the fresh water side. The rubber impeller type will break down in a glycol mix, so a special nitril impeller should be used. Best to look on the web and see if any one had converted or if a kit is made for this beast. All in all change the zinc in the block and clean the exhaust elbow and you will get years of use. Best of luck.. Ron"

Yanmar GM10 Exhaust Gas Ventin

Yanmar GM10 Exhaust Gas Venting
Please can anyone confirm that it is correct for the exhaust port on this engine to be vented by two cast holes into the tappet chamber in addition to the main passage which leads to the exhaust pipe manofold. It surprised me and I hope to hear that it is "by design" before rebuild.

"All back together now and wor

"All back together now and working fine, so unless anything goes amiss in the longer term it looks as though the open passages from exhaust port to tappet chamber were "by design""

"YANMAR 6MF33-STD1,1000HP?240R

"YANMAR 6MF33-STD1,1000HP?240RPM,Machine no.FVS1146
1.piston 159646-22010
2.gasket ring,
159646-01320,single ring
159646-01300,double
159646-01310,double
159646-01330,single ring"

"[url=""]http://www.bannerdemo

"http://www.bannerdemo.com
http://www.cnaip.com
Shanghai Banner Demo Ship Equipment Co., Ltd is a specialized export& import trading company. It has its own production base in Changzhou City, Jiang Su Province, supplying for ship spare parts of low& medium speed diesel engine and some hydraulic tools. At present, we mainly deal with all sorts of diesel engine spare parts(piston rings, piston cover, cylinder, exhaust valve and fuel injection nozzles and some hydraulic tools) & the related equipment for MAN B&W Licensee, SULZER Licensee, DAIHATSU Licensee, YANMAR Licensee, and etc. With the help of well-experienced working team, we are striving for a one-short solution of providing our customers at domestic & overseas with highly competitive products & satisfied service.

Should you have any questions, please mail to [email protected], our customer service representative will reply to you within 24 hours.

"

Back