Logo

Shaft length

"I finally got around to chang

"I finally got around to changing the lower leg on my Venom 200 and discovered an interesting phenom. The height from the top of the transom to the bottom of the boat directly below the engine is 20 inches, the same as the engine.

The phenom that I have realized after 20 years of ownership is the boat has a recessed step 5 inches lower and recessed back from the transom about 8 inches.(I'm one of those put gas and oil in it, turn the key and go guys)

The boat was set up from the dealer when new and I never gave it a second thought. The boat has done 60+ mph since new. The boat has always been serviced by the dealer and the only reason I discovered it was from changing the lower leg, out of embarassment in a parking lot battle.

Should this boat have a 25" shaft motor on it? The reason I ask is that I am still looking at the purchase of another engine."

If it has performed that well

If it has performed that well with what you already have then stay with the same shaft length.

What you are looking at is the pad and the motor was set up acording to the keel which is the right way.

Back