Logo

BF15 Shaft Length

agwalker

"I have an older 23ft fiberfor

"I have an older 23ft fiberform boat that needs a new kicker motor as someone backed into it in the harbour. A relative had a virtually new Honda BF15 which he purchased and only put 10 hours on it before deciding it was too big for his purposes. Beleiving it was a longshaft, I purchased off him and had it ship from Ontario to BC only to discover it was a short shaft model. Is there a kit available to turn the leg into a long shaft model?"

"Forgive my noob question here

"Forgive my noob question here, but what exactly are you calling a "jack Plate"? I have a Fulton model MB1820 Motor Bracket coming for it, but I'm not sure if you are refering to something else. Could you clarify please?

Thanks!"

"True, but the problem I run i

"True, but the problem I run into is I may not be able to lower the leg below the bottom of the hull, which makes it difficult to use reverse. The problem I had with my last Evinrude kicker which was also a short shaft was the engine cover was getting dangerously close to the water line. The new Honda has a more flat profile for the cover (the Evinrude was quite sloped down at the rear)so I may pick up an extra inch or two. The extra $1000.00 in parts to convert it to a long shaft may force me to use it as is for now and modify it in the future.Either way its 10 times the kicker I had before
"

Back