Logo

1999 johnson 150 oceanpro check engine light

4tbb

I have a continuing check engi

I have a continuing check engine light problem. It comes on when I throttle up and will go off if I drop to idle. I changed the water pump impellor and still have this issue. Anyone know where I can find a list of what would cause this light to come on?}

"Have a check at Your Vacum sw

"Have a check at Your Vacum switch (fuel). Might be clogged filter(s), kinked hose, tank ventilation clogged, sticking anti siphon valve at tank top or similar. For testing, just disconnect the cable to the switch and see if the light stays off, but do not run long!!!. If the switch kicks in, fix the problem, Your engine might be running lean."

"I am going down in the mornin

"I am going down in the morning to try quite a bit of things starting with your suggestion. Location of the vacum switch? I also noticed the breather for the tank is corroded, so am changing that also. I will be checking as much as I can while I am there. Any other suggestions are appreciated as I will be online while I am there working on it."

"as morten says,..this is indi

"as morten says,..this is indicative,of a fuel restriction...those are reliable switches,but,do fail...fuel filters,primer bulb,pinched fuel line,ANTI-SYPHON VALVE,on fuel tank,..are THE most common prob's.What u are describing,..is EXACTLY,what the engine reports,via the light and sender,when u have a fuel restriction.Dont forget to ck the fuel withdrawal assembly,in-tank,it may/may not have a screen on it,that could be plugged up partially."

Back