Logo

Elgin impeller

mtthwvn

"hello, I have just purchased

"hello, I have just purchased a 1959+ Elgin 3.5 horsepower engine. I know it was made by McCulloch since the model# is 574.60021.

I've searched for part for this thing and came up with nothing but points and condensers. I need the little solid rubber water pump (I guess this this is called an impeller). It doesn't have fins like the water pump pictured in the parts part of the website. It is a solid piece of rubber that fits over the cam and when the shaft turns it oscillates inside a housing that pushes water up to the top of the motor (You guys are probably thinking "I know, idiot" but I didn't until about a day ago, lol).

If you guys can help me find this part I'd really appreciate it. I've looked everywhere and the only thing I've been able to find anywhere else is a place that makes the vinyls when restoring one of the old motors...there's no use in restoring one if you overheat the motor 3 minutes after starting it up in my opinion.

Well, sorry for the long thread, but I really need some help to get this old thing back in the water!

Matt"

"Thanks for the reply Curt, Th

"Thanks for the reply Curt, The first one has it. I'll be giving him a ring in a couple days.

Matt"

Back