Logo

Reverse lock

greensnake2

"I have a 93 90hp mercury moto

"I have a 93 90hp mercury motor, Ser#OD2058493 that will not lock in reverse. when you put it in reverse andrev up the engine motor will jump up out of the water.dont know if there is a switch or something that locks it down. was wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem. would appreciate any information on this topic. thank you"

Motors are not designed to be

Motors are not designed to be revved up in reverse. Reverse is merely designed to slowly manuver the boat away from or to dockage.

"Carlos, Usually the power tri

"Carlos, Usually the power trim system holds the LU down during reverse operation. See if yourPT is set to manual tilt.

If you do not have power trim, there is usually a lock of some kind."

"u should have a lock, those m

"u should have a lock, those motors are know for not going down to the last pin
u might need to lube it up

if it is power Ur revers bypass valve or relief valve is stuck"

"Hey there justin time, thanks

"Hey there justin time, thanks for the info. the adjustment pin is set to the last upper hole . maybe i will try to lower it a couple holes to see if anything happens. just bought the pontoon and haven,t really gotto take it out. it has a button on the side of the throttle, dont know if this has anything to do with it. thanks much"

"Hey there chris, thanks for t

"Hey there chris, thanks for the info. the motor does not have power T&T all i can see is the adjustment pin which is in top holethe arm sits on the pindoesn,t seem to be anything to lock...... thanks a lot"

Hey there justintime do these

Hey there justintime do these motors have a button ont them that locks them in reverse? would it be on the throttle? thanks much

i could not tell from my parts

i could not tell from my parts manual
take a look and post pics

my yami has a lock

u might want to call merc and ask

Back