Logo

Brand new 1967 Chrysler Model 9701

tom81

My father has a brand new Chry

My father has a brand new Chrysler 1967 Model 9701 outboard motor that he won in a contest many years ago. It has never been removed from its original shipping box. It has been in our garage ever since.

The serial number is 2216. He has finally decided to sell it. I'm trying to establish a value for it. Can anyone give me an idea of what it might be worth?

Thanks for any help.

"Hi Tom,

What horsepower i

"Hi Tom,

What horsepower is this engine? I'm having troubles researching that model number, so are you sure of the year and number you gave?

I will tell you up front that depending on where you are located, it would make a difference in it's value. I say this because, many states are taking a federal EPA and lake & Marine enforcement agencies are tking a strong stand against older motors and this is being strictly regulated now days with large fines. The problem is that the older motors do put out emissions into the atmosphere and back into the water which is no considered unacceptable by todays standards.
Most people would just rather invest in a new more modern motors that are quieter, more powerful, lower emissions, less moving parts, more durable and more efficient over all.

The other factor is even if that engine has never been used, this can be just as bad on a motor because of condensation and parts do seize up over time. It all depends on how it was stored, if kept lubricated and many other factors.

Please give all numbers on any plates or parts of the engine, and the Horsepower. Anyway to send me a picture of the engine?

Where are you located?

Email me directly at [email protected]

Tracy"

Back