Logo

15 hp Wards Seaking

"which river?? Frost marine f

"which river?? Frost marine for the "rogue" or try "crowley" or "discount", Then there is "twincities" and "laingsoutboards.""

"the Willamette, above albany,

"the Willamette, above albany, very dicey going between albany and harrisburg, or actually, all the way to salem. But especially in the stretch from peoria to irish bend. For now I am just exploring, but there are some good fish to be had and not much pressure. thanks for the tip. Laings says they have props for my motor."

"This is the best place to fin

"This is the best place to find out info on old SeaKing motors. Click on link, then select your brand on the left side. You can find out more about your model at this site. Repair manuals are available at this site too...

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com
http://www.discount-marine-parts.com

Try Evinrude or Johnson parts too! They work with this motor.Don't ask shops for SeaKing parts, they;ll look at you crosseyed. Ask for parts from Evinrude and Johnson that are comparable. You may have to take the part in to get a perfect fit."

"Hi, I have recently come into

"Hi, I have recently come into the possession of a 15 hp Montgomery Ward outboard. I am planning to sell it, but I don't know much about it. I know that it was only used a couple of times by my father and that it has sat in the garage since the 80's. How might I get a serial number and age? Does anyone think that it still has value? Any information that someone could share would be greatly appreciated."

"Todd, over the years a number

"Todd, over the years a number of mfg's built the outboards for Wards.

The problem with them is there are literally thousands of these "store brand" outboards out there in sheds, garages and basements - so the value tends to be quite low compared to a "name brand" of similar vintage.

Since it's a 15 horse the odds are high that it was built by either Force or Chrysler - neither are a desireable motor even under their own brand with both being totally out of business and parts are getting scarce.

Look around the clamp bracket or even under the hood for a model number.

The Wards models started with 2 or 3 letters followed by a few numbers - so you are looking for something like VWB190004 etc.

Once we nail down exactly what you have I can give you an idea of what similar models have sold for.

In general, a 15 horse Wards if an early 80's model and running well may get 200-300 dollars on a good day..."

Re: I have a 79 sea king 15 VWB521

Question:
I have a 1982 Chrysler Sea King 15hp. Just replaced head gasket and rebuilt the carb. When I'm running WOT, it surges down. Found out today that if I pump the fuel line bulb while running wot it runs just fine, stays and doesn't surge. Is this the fuel pump? Also have noticed air bubbles in my internal fuel lines but no fuel leakage so assuming it's not an internal fuel line issue. Any help, ideas or questions would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Re: I have a 79 sea king 15 VWB521

Question:
I have a 1982 Chrysler Sea King 15hp. Just replaced head gasket and rebuilt the carb. When I'm running WOT, it surges down. Found out today that if I pump the fuel line bulb while running wot it runs just fine, stays and doesn't surge. Is this the fuel pump? Also have noticed air bubbles in my internal fuel lines but no fuel leakage so assuming it's not an internal fuel line issue. Any help, ideas or questions would be appreciated! Thanks!!
You need to start your own thread as this one is 6 yrs old

Re: "Mark, that is a 1964, twin cy

I have an 82 15hp outboard. I need a power pack (I know that's not the correct part name but it's essentially what it is). Any ideas?
If you Care to know, basically the motor starts and runs fine. Idles great but when I want to get up to speed I have to pop the top and play with the plug wires and then hit the throttle. Eventually, whenever the motor feels like it, it will throttle up and jump on plane. I always joke that it has 2 speeds - idle and full speed...
A link for that part would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Just realized this post is a year old... Still, if there's a link, I'd like to know. If I don't get a response soon I'll try to find a more recent thread

Last edited:
"U.S. Marine was a division of the Brunswick Corporation. Aside from making pool tables they own a whole pile of Marine brand names including Mercury and Sea Ray to name just a couple. You will run accross a number of controls[FONT=&quot] best golf gear[/FONT], gauges etc bearing the name U.S. Marine and were used with a very wide spectrum of products."​

Back