Logo

6LY3ETP

persistence

"Does anyone have any suggesti

"Does anyone have any suggestions, I have a new boat with Yanmar 480hp 6LY3-ETP engines and on throttle up the smoke like crazy, we tried bringing the throttle up slowly, cetane boost, running with the engine room open to get more air. All to no avail, does anyone have the same problem, these are computer controlled engines and they claim less smoke then the mech engines, but I am getting just the opposite."

"Hi Jerry, if this is a new un

"Hi Jerry, if this is a new unit and the warranty runs for 2 years contact your dealer. What colour is the smoke, these engines are adjusted by dealer instrumentation. If you do not get local help. Contact Yanmar Marine in Addairsville Georgia"

"Ronald, I get a little white/

"Ronald, I get a little white/light blue smoke at start up, but it is not bad, but when I throttle up from idle to cruise, I get engulfed with BLACK smoke."

That is over fuel and the engi

That is over fuel and the engine has trouble catching up... double check the gear ratio and make sure it has been given the correct prop size.I surmise air filtres are good & clear and your engine room is getting lots of air with hatches closed?
How is it with gradual trottle?

Re: "Does anyone have any suggesti

Hi persistence, I to have 6ly3,s 480hp in a 36 luhrs, 390 hours. White/ grey smoke at idle and up to approx 1500 rpm, stinks of raw unburnt diesel. A very black smoke on acceleration, The yanmar mechanics have slowed downed the black smoke by adjusting the power settings through there laptop pluged into the computer. But the other problem with unburnt fuel, is my major broblem at this time. Do you have this problem? Hope this gives you a direction to head.
cheers david (AUSTRALIA)

Back