Logo

FuelOil Ratio

brian100

" Hi Lads,
Can somebody pleas

" Hi Lads,
Can somebody please confirm the fuel to oil ratio for a Evinrude BE30BALESS outboard.

Thank you in advance.
Brian "

" Brian.... The "ES" w

" Brian.... The "ES" within the model number would indicate that the engine is a 1990 model, or the "SS" would have it as a 2000 model. I'm not familiar with that model number. Regardless, the fuel/oil ratio would be 50/1 (1pt 50/1 oil to 6gal gas).

Joe (30+ Years With OMC) "

" Thanks Joe,
Maybe you can g

" Thanks Joe,
Maybe you can give me some advice as where to go from here.
Not to drag out the story, I purchased the outboard with a OMC premix tank (Had a post about it a few months ago).
Not being happy about it I puchased a tank and did the mixing myself at 50/1 as the book instructed.
Now after using the outboard all summer I came across the old tank and while moving it I noticed that it had written on the bottom "For use with engines of 100/1 mix."
If the above is true;
One, that's a big difference, and two, in the past some owner must have been using the wrong mix.
Is my engine damaged and what would be the problems associated with using an inproper mix.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Brian "

Brian.... The 50/1 mix is corr

Brian.... The 50/1 mix is correct. OMC at one time tried the 100/1 mix but it didn't work out. Stick with the 50/1 mixture that you've been using.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)

I have a 2 hp Elgin 2 cycle o

I have a 2 hp Elgin 2 cycle outboard. I need to know the fuel mixture . I think it is 50:1 But inot sure can any one help me out thank you.

Back