Logo

Which repair manual to buy

bradccool

"Hey Guys, I am thinking about

"Hey Guys, I am thinking about buying a repair manual for my 1979 90hp Mercury inline 6. I have been shopping around the internet for a used copy of it and I am wondering if any of you think one would be better than another. The Seloc manuals tend to be the most expensive, but I am seeing some older manuals for very cheap made by other companys. I am even thinking about the CD-ROMs I see all over EBAY. I recently posted a problem with my trim, well it turns out it was the motor so I am buying a new one but with all the problems I've had with my boat lately I think I'll buy a manual too."

"You will probably get a numbe

"You will probably get a number of opinions and I'll throw in mine. The Seloc manuals are good and I have a few but find that they omit almost as much as they include. If you want the most comprehensive (although tends to be more expensive) get the shop manual produced by the manufacture for your particular motor/model year. I also have some CD versions, but find I prefer the printed versions or undoubtly I'm running back to print off another page that I need when my hands are greasy
"

the only numbers i have are 0B

the only numbers i have are 0B075936 it is a 4 cyl mariner 40 hp magnum can anyone tell me the year model??

Back