Logo

Yamaha io

M

Mike660

"I posted here about a year ag

"I posted here about a year ago...Yamaha i/o YEMS no spark. I e-mailed Cap'n Ken the Yamaha i/o guru here and he was very helpful, but none of the suggestions worked. Anyone know if it's possible to replace this yems bs with a regular ignition (distributor, coil etc.)? Or how difficult it would be? It's just a GM 350 motor so I assume it's do-able. Anyone?? Thanks."

"Well, I bought a Delco EST ig

"Well, I bought a Delco EST ignition and replaced the YEMS with it today. Pretty easy job, and it fired right up. I had to do a little trimming on the bracket that held the ECU to allow enough room for the distributor, but no big deal. Anyone having probs with the YEMS I wouldn't hesitate to make the swap. I had isolated my problem to either the coils or the ECU so it was a no-brainer in my case. If I had known it was this easy, I would have made the switch a year ago instead of spending so much time following and testing wires. Oh well, live & learn."

I would like to do this on my

I would like to do this on my Yamaha v8 also. Do you have any more information on how this was done or what part numbers were used?

Back