Logo

1983 evinrude 35 hp

sniper_dave

"Hello all! First time user.

"Hello all! First time user. I hope you guys are as helpful as the snowmobile forums!!

I have a 83 evinrude 35 hp that I just bought for a bass boat that has been sitting quite a while. I have a steering wheel with hydraulics already on the boat, and did receive some parts with the motor, but nothing seems to match up or make sense.
Do I need a motor specific kit to attach to my hydraulics?
Where would I find this, and are they built to be universal with all hydraulics?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, as I have watched the boat sit for 2 seasons waiting on an affordable motor!

Thanks

D."

"find out,exactly what type of

"find out,exactly what type of hyd steering u have,(example-seastar)then,go to website,or contact boat shop,or shop online to look up the engine specific parts u need.......

--------hydraulic steering,....????? on a 35????..........are you suuuuuure?????"

"Thanks for the info-Yes it is

"Thanks for the info-Yes it is hydraulic! The boat is made to have a much larger motor on it-say 150 hp versus 35. But until we can get a larger motor, we'd like to hook it up and not miss any time on the water.
I have tried looking online, boat shops basically tell us it will be 8-10 weeks before they even look at it, and I'm not aware of any engine specific websites-was hoping to learn of a few here.
Again, any help is appreciated.

thanks"

Back