Logo

No oil alarm Johnson 150 HP

J

Jason U

"Hi all,

Just have a ques

"Hi all,

Just have a question to anyone who may be able to offer advice.

I have a 2006 Johnson 150 HP 2 stroke OB. Recently, while running only in idle or in gear at very low RPM (barely making steerage), my no oil alarm suddenly comes on. It has happened 4-5 times. There is pleny of oil in the tank. I disconnected the oil hose from the VRO, pumped the bulb and plenty of oil came out, so the pump is getting oil. But, even after doing that, I got the same alarm twice the next day while on the water. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Jason,.."

"my only suggestion,on that ne

"my only suggestion,on that new of an eng,is dont even worry about it,take it in for warranty work...."

"I will probably take it to a

"I will probably take it to a dealer, but thought I would get some insight from others who are more knowledgable first.

Joe, it is a high pitched tone. It goes on for about 5 seconds, then off for 1-2 minutes, then on for 5 seconds again. I can get it to stop by stopping and restarting the engine, but it will soon sound again.

jason"

"That's a new one on me Ja

"That's a new one on me Jason. Never encountered that problem. Perhaps, hopefully someone will jump in here who has knowledge of that problem."

"It might be caused by voltage

"It might be caused by voltage fluctuations. Running at low rpm's the charge is next to nothing. If a sudden load is put on the battery, this might happend (pump starts or similar). Check all battery, B+ and ground connections both at engine, horn and instruments. If it happends again, the alarm should disappear by pressing the bulb (do not shut off the engine). If not an electrical'fault'as mentioned above. It might even be in the VRO electronic unit itself in which case the VRO has to be changed. The 4th wire that was added quite some years ago to the VRO alarm system was to prevent this from happening."

"Guys,

Thanks for all your

"Guys,

Thanks for all your input. I will let you know how it turns out onec it gets fixed!

Thanks
Jason."

"bubbles,due to an air leak in

"bubbles,due to an air leak in oil line will also cause this,you might ck the oil hose conn."

Back