Logo

2000 YAMAHA 150 HPDI

bassman3112

"MOTOR JUST STARTED THIS LAST

"MOTOR JUST STARTED THIS LAST WEEKEND.SPUTTERS AND CUTS OUT WHEN TRYING TO GET ON PLANE, BACK OFF THROTTLE AND IT IDLES FINE.SOMETIMES IF THROTTLE IS VERY GRADUALLY ADVANCED IT WILL TAKE OFF.NO PROBLEM STARTING. HAVE CHANGED SPARK PLUGS, FUEL FILTERS, CHECKED FOR FUEL LEAKS AND CAN NOT FIND ANY. ANY SUGGESTIONS BEFORE I TAKE IT TO THE SHOP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED."

"I CHANGED THE IN-LINE FUEL/WA

"I CHANGED THE IN-LINE FUEL/WATER SEPARATOR FILTER AND FOUND NO WATER. IT RUNS FINE ON THE GARDEN HOSE, IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN WHEN UNDER A LOAD TAKING OFF TO GET ON PLANE. COULD IT BE ELECTRICAL? iT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR A COUPLE OF THINGS IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS...A BAD BATTERY CABLE CONNECTION WAS THE LAST THING AND THE NEXT TRIP OUT, THIS STARTED HAPPENING."

"I took the boat out this even

"I took the boat out this evening to see if i could figure out what is going on. As usual, it started right up(just like an HPDI), idled fine. This time when I went to get on plane, I eased the throttle up instead of hitting it real quick to pop up on plane.
NO PROBLEM!!!!!!! Ran around in the lake for a while at different speeds....no problem. Stopped, turned off ignition, sat a while enjoying the sunset, then started it up again. This time I tried to pop up on plane and it was like nothing had ever happened before!!!! Is it possible that there was water in the fuel...how does it get past my fuel/water separator(before the engine) and the filter on the engine? It definitely was not electrical....I have never known electrical problems to fix themselves.
Sorry to be so long winded, but I wanted to thank you for the time you took to help me.
Oh. by the way....I was able to fool 3 bass and 3 bluegills on my flyrod in about a half hour before sunset!!!! Life is great in the Louisiana swamps!!!"

Back