Logo

Throttle cable

jpb2450

"I have what may be a simple ?

"I have what may be a simple ?. the black end of the throttle cable on my 60esl71 that attaches to the spark advance lever has become lose from the cable itself, Is there a way to fix this?"

"If you're speaking of the

"If you're speaking of the timer base, I believe you're speaking of the Ball & Socket assembly? If so, that would not be a cable but rather a "L" link. If this is the case, simply pick up a new one and install it. The part number is 395448.

If on the other hand, you are speaking of the actual throttle cable, I can only visualize the long plastic guide being loose. If this is the case, if there is a threaded sleeve near the end of that guide, there will be two (one on each side) allen screws that screw in to jam the inner throttle cable. Back both allen screws out somewhat, then tighten one in as far as you can get it which will jam /lock the inner cale thoroughly. Then, screw the other one in.

Note that there will be another hole alongside that sleeve/lock assembly. The inner cable should just show its end at that hole BUT not go clear thru it to the other side of that hole.

Now, if there is no threaded sleeve but rather a factory sealed lock end, and that's broke somehow (never encountered that), I would think a replacement cable would be in order."

thank you I will try to tighte

thank you I will try to tighten down the allen screws. hopfully that will secure the inner cable

thank you very much

1993 30hp evinrude eeta model.

1993 30hp evinrude eeta model. When pulling back from wot engine dies.Removed cover and went thru same process. No problem. Could I have an exhaust or pressure build up problem with cover on. thanks

Back