Logo

Oil Beep

stevessoap

"'97 200hp EFI started bee

"'97 200hp EFI started beeping yesterday. Water pressure o.k. at 15, but the 3-gal oil reservoir hissed a lot when taking off the cap. It stopped beeping for about 15-minutes of run time. I relieved the pressure again and got another 10 minutes. Later in the day, it beeped at start-up. I shut down and came in with the MinKota.
Where do I start?"

"Thanks for the quick comeback

"Thanks for the quick comeback! I just ordered the service manual so, hopefully I'll have a better idea of where to look and what you're talking about. What you're telling me makes perfect sense."

"O.K., I disconnected the oil

"O.K., I disconnected the oil intake line at the engine oil reservoir and the on-board oil reservoir. The engine reservoir was full this time (the first time it was at ½ capacity). I hooked up an air compressor and blew air in the direction of the oil flow. After hearing a “pop” the air flowed freely through the line. I’m thinking that possibly a check valve was stuck. However while having the cowling off, I noticed that there was oil on and around the engine oil pump. Is this a problem? Should I be replacing the oil pump?"

Back