Logo

Mercury optimax fuel injector issues

liquor_box

Ok ive had 2 injectors replace

Ok ive had 2 injectors replaced #1 and 3 on my starboard engine (2001 Merc Opti 200hp. 400hrs) About a month later they fail again. I was told possibly there could be an underlying issue (computor..etc) by another friend of mine whose a marine mechanic. Possibly the batteries could be dead or dying causing low voltage so I went and spent 650.00 on two odyessy pc2150 batteries. Well the voltage was better but when i left my dock idling my engines were fine. I juiced it up and the starboard engine had the same symptoms again (smoking and lagging 4100rpm max) and my warning worn and readout on dash read fuel injector fault) someone please help... My engimes are still under warranty but the dockside labor charges are a pain in the ass!!! any suggestion on an underlying issue or remedy aside from spending 20k on new motors...

"check the injectors volts and

"check the injectors volts and resistance

it can be the air rail or fuel rail also, check that"

someone told me it could also

someone told me it could also be the voltage regulator.. does that sound feasible. because not only am i continously losing fuel injectors but my batteries wont charge under power and at times my engine wont even start..

the manual information you sen

the manual information you sent me only went up to 1998.. i have 2001 opti's 200hp...any additional info would really help...

find out what the merc number

find out what the merc number for the manual is
the first manual is it
the second is a dealer training guide

Back