Logo

Temperature Sensor Removal

G

Greaseball04

"I did a search and came up bl

"I did a search and came up blank. How do you get the temperature sensor out of the head of 81 140 johnson? Is it just a matter of removing the the cylinder head cover.
Is it possible to convert these motors over from an alarm system to a true reading system (ie one having a dual temperature guage, obviously one for each head?)"

"kits are available for temp.

"kits are available for temp. guages. they attach to a cover bolt. not a replacement, but an addition. as for alarm sensor, yes. must remove water cover. don't recall a dual guage. perhaps Andrew has something?"

"u would have to install 2 gau

"u would have to install 2 gauges and 2 senders,which,...is not a bad idea!!...but,1 head,will...run warmer..."

"I used to have an ultralite a

"I used to have an ultralite airplane. it had a dual head temp. guage, with two rings that installed under spark plugs. I wonder if you could use something like this on the top cyls? just a thought. it was air cooled though."

Jwbmarine why will one head ru

Jwbmarine why will one head run warmer? And by how much?

"If You are running on muffs w

"If You are running on muffs with one side entry only, lack of water, To really be sure, run in a barrel.
If still a problem, check thermostats and pressure valves. If still a problem, it might be a deflector problem and the heads must down."

Back