Logo

HELPSears and Roebuck 75HP

pabernethy

"I recently bought my first bo

"I recently bought my first boat. It is a 14' fiberglass tri-hull. It has a 7.5 HP motor. The motor is an older Sears and Roebuck. The chassis# on the motor is 217-58587-0 and the serial# is 5B-195696. The motor is green and white in color and has a 3-blade prop. I am wondering who actually manufactured the motor and how can I get an owners manual for it. Also, wondering what fuel/oil mix to use and lots of other questions. Thanks for assistance! Peter"

go to www3.sears.com and enter

go to www3.sears.com and enter your model number you should find alot of your answers there the mix is 32:1 on my 1975 7.5 hp. some parts still available through sears

someone gave me searsroebuck o

someone gave me searsroebuck outboard it weighs around 60lbs. model #is faded looks like 571958921 it has 2 cylinders both plugs are diferent sizes would like to know year and size and anything else you know about this. they thought it was 15hp

"Hi Peter, What you have there

"Hi Peter, What you have there is a 1975 air cooled 7.5 HP Outboard, The outboard was made by Eska (long out of business) And the engine was made by tecumseh (model # 640-11) if you ever need help or part's look me up... Bob"

"Peter---

i found a copy of

"Peter---

i found a copy of both the factory shop manual and the O-manual for my identical Eska on fleebay. i get a lot of my parts for both my Eskas at discount-marine-parts.com; reliable, honest, quick service, fair prices. because power head is a Tecumseh, you can probably match many of the common replacement parts (tune up stuff and carb parts) by going to local lawnmower shop. i haven't tried for fit, but the Tecumseh tune-up kits at my local Ace Hardware look a lot like what's in my 3.5 Eska.

24:1 gas-oil mix for these old crocks is not bad idea....cheap when built, looose tolerances, air cooled. i think factory says either 24:1 or 32:1. you need to use TCW-3 rated oil.

post whatever other Qs you have as you go through it.

these things are cheap power but boy do they stink....i'm spoiled by my Honda 4 stroke....which cost me more than the 8 hp Rude and the two Eskas combined."

Back