Logo

Dt2 Cooling

telboy123

"I have a dt2 serial No 0201/3

"I have a dt2 serial No 0201/338194, can someone tell me how much water should come out of the 2 holes just below the engine when run in water barrel, there seems to be plenty of pressure but only spits of water, the engine runs as sweet as a nut, my last engine was a Mariner 40hp and that had a good flow even at slow speed. also can you tell me the age of motor.
Thanks Tel"

"I have a DT2 as well, I just

"I have a DT2 as well, I just checked my impeller (literally takes 3 minutes to check it)- it looks new...but no water really comes out those 2 holes on mine either. I have good water flow. If you remove the prop (dont try with prop on!) and put your finger behind the water discharge port on the lower unit when it's running, you'll feel the flow. Mine is flowing water like a champ so I'm not worrying about the lack of spray."

"I have a DT5 and it runs fine

"I have a DT5 and it runs fine but I have noticed that the stream of water coming out gets a little hot at 1/2 to WOT. Is it normal for this stream to be hot, it's not hot enough to burn your skin but it's pretty warm. I checked the impeller and it appears to be in good shape and I flushed the cooling system but I'm concerned that I may be developing an overheat problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running an oil mix of 30 to 1 because the manual recommended this ratio when not using Suzuki Oil, Suzuki oil can be run at 50 to 1."

Back