Logo

Mariner 150 70# compression on all cyls

C

Christopher Shrum

"I hit a sandbar and drove aro

"I hit a sandbar and drove around on the lake in shallow water all day, (got out of channel) I thought that maybe my prop was bad because I hit something and needed replacing when I couldn't hardly get it to plane off and lost 14mph on top end. I thought that I would check the compression and it was 70 on all six cylinders. 1993 mariner 150 Two weeks before that I was running 68mph and would plane pretty quick??? Engine will only turn about 5100 rpm's WHAT HAPPENED?? Frustrated

WOT rpm's were about 5000.....pitiful, I don't know what they were earlier in the year when the boat was running terrific because I just looked at the speedometer instead of rpm's. I don't know what the compression before was either because I didn't check it when I bought the boat. It does start good and run good, just no power. Last year the temp alarm did go off but I shut it down right then and have fixed the water pump this spring and it has done really well for two trips. The last two trips have been sad. 70lb bothers me a lot."

"This is not your " granp

"This is not your " granpa's 283 chevy " It has six cylinders but really is six seperate engines with a common block and crankshaft.You must confirm that you have spark ( 7/16" ) at each plug and that you have fuel going into each cylinder (six seperate fuel systems ),Find the problem before you destroy a fine motor.Remember no fuel going into a cylinder also means no oil is going in there!"

Back