Logo

Carb to fuel injection howto

edit: this is a marine engine

edit: this is a marine engine...pls let me know if you have any good info on this topic..

" No,
It is an integral air f

" No,
It is an integral air fuel module (IAFM) inlet manifold with port fuel injection.
It has stainless steel tip fuel injectors and stainless steel fuel rails. It also has a throttle body that includes a throttle position sensor (TPS) and an idle air control (iac) motor. It migth look like a carb, but it is not. Do you have any info that can help me with this?
Thanks for you help - in advance... "

" Morton, I have seen Marine

" Morton, I have seen Marine EFI conversion kits in catalogs (Overtons?). These were Throttle Body replacements for Carbs. The advertisements indicated that it was a bolt on change. I would guess you are interested in sequential, manifold injection. I still would think it would be bolt on, but you will need new manifolds, and carb replacement unit which holds the throttle plate and air intake volume sensor. I guess I do not know what question you are asking. I will presume instructions would come with the EFI Kit in question "

" If you would know where to l

" If you would know where to look for this, it would be great help.
Thanks.
Morten "

" I have converted a 2.5 Litre

" I have converted a 2.5 Litre GM engine from Carb. to DFI (Throtle body)
I don't understand why you would have a combination throtle body and direct injection.
Anyhow, this is what I had to do.
1- The intake manifold is special, in that all ports (passages) are of equal length.
You also need the following.
a- Oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold
b- MAP (Manifold air pressure sensor)
c- Throtle position switch
d- ECM (electronic control module)
e- IAC (Idle air control)
f- EST (Electronic spark timing module))
Various sensors, Electric fuel pump, Fuel return lines to the tank, Distributor etc.
In addition you'll need a thorough understanding of electronics and electronic fuel systems.
Good luck. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Leonard "

Back