Logo

Tomos Outboard

brian100

" Hi Lads,
Have purchased a T

" Hi Lads,
Have purchased a Tomos 4HP outboard motor. Unit was made in Yugoslavia
Details model T4S Engine No 316009 made in 89.
Afraid the book I have does not give any information on how to set the points just gives the gap as 0.35-0.45mm and ignition advance as 1.5+0.1mm BTDC can anybody help with the set up procedure.
Also Carb only has one screw any ideas on how to set it correctly.
Thanks.
Brian "

Glad to see I'm not the o

Glad to see I'm not the only person that has purchased a Tomos? (motor) would you know how I can go about finding parts for a Tomos Traveler 18hp.I need the little wheel on the crankshaft that goes up and turns the flywheel the teeth on mine is worn down.

"In the UK we only have one de

"In the UK we only have one dealer who has parts
Do not know who he is yet but if you contact
[email protected] he maybe able to supply the part.
Know he will supply a manual if required.
Seems info is difficult to obtain on this outboard.

All the best,
Brian"

I believe the main importers

I believe the main importers for the Tomos engines were

SeaPage International
Tel: 01929 551 406

I have a Tomos T10 10HP outboard anyone know where I can get hold of a manual as the water cooling is not working?

I purchased some parts three years ago so the information may be out of date good luck!

All the best
Aled

" Aled,
Yes, you are correct

" Aled,
Yes, you are correct its still the main dealer.
For a price he will also supply a blown up parts list which should help to locate the problem.

Brian "

"If anyone knows where to get

"If anyone knows where to get parts for a Tomos motor could they E-Mail me at [email protected] , or if they would have the part, it is a little plastic piece inside the throttle handle that makes the engine go."

if anybody out there knows of

if anybody out there knows of a parts source for a TOMOS TRAVLER 9.9 I have chewed-up teeth on the starter gear. I have to wrap a cord around the flywheel to get it cranking. thanks-JIM

if anybody out there knows of

if anybody out there knows of a parts source for a TOMOS TRAVLER 9.9 I have chewed-up teeth on the starter gear. I have to wrap a cord around the flywheel to get it cranking. thanks-JIM

"Does anyone know where I can

"Does anyone know where I can get another lower unit plug for a Tomos Traveller 9.9. I believe it is a 1cm x 1cm x1.0 pitch. Contact me at [email protected]. Many thanks, Ed Schmitt"

"I too have a Tomos and strugg

"I too have a Tomos and struggle to find parts. many inquiries above but do not see any positive responses?
I have a 4 hp 1988 nd the gas tank has become porus and cracked on the corners leaking when not in the upright position. Any ideas? [email protected]"

Can anyone tell me where I can

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new shifter for my Thomos motor?

"I have a tomos 9.9 travler ru

"I have a tomos 9.9 travler runs good but i have a bad impeller and am in the process of finding a new one, yamaha has some that are very similar..."

"I have got a 1987 Sportsman T

"I have got a 1987 Sportsman Tomos 9.9 but in need of an impeller. It's a very sharp motor picked it up for 200.00,if anyone can help please send me an e-mail"

"Im requiring help as i have a

"Im requiring help as i have a Tomos 4hp and im looking for a connector from the fuel pipe to the engine if anybody knows where i can get one would they please mail me [email protected]"

"Hi, got a aisla craig , tom

"Hi, got a aisla craig , tomos 4hp outboard, starts fine and revs fine but when i put it in the water the prop doesnt turn any faster no matter how high i rev, as if something is slipping, any ideas?, I can even stop the prop turning with my foot and rev the engine?"

"Your problem might be that th

"Your problem might be that the small security rod is broken, or broken and jammed in. It is found bellow, at the prop. You have to take down the black cover (at the end of the propeller), and there has to be a small approx. 3 mm. thick metal rod that is actually connecting the prop and the drive. If that`s missing or is broken, there is no connection between the prop and the engine and the prop turns only because of friction...

I hope I helped!"

Need to find prop for a 4.5 hp

Need to find prop for a 4.5 hp tomos outboard engine if you have info on this part please contact me at the e-mail address listed below.}

hi can anyone give me informat

hi can anyone give me information on a ailsa graig 4hp outboard ie fuel mixture common faults
starting tips ect

I have a 4 HP Tomos Travler &#

I have a 4 HP Tomos Travler (model T4S) that run fine for about 15 min's then stops. Wait for 15 min's and it starts and runs again for 10 min's then stops again. Have replaced all ignition parts and fuel related items to no avail.
Starting to think it's vapor lock.
Anyone experienced the same symptoms?

"I have a Tomos T4 which runs

"I have a Tomos T4 which runs fine. However, when full throttle is applied, it will run at full throttle for a few seconds before going back down to half throttle, with full thottle still applied.

Anyone know what the problem is?"

hi to all you tomos owners i b

hi to all you tomos owners i bined a 4hp ailsa graig couple of weeks ago as i could not find parts for it i i had known someone had a use for it they could have had it

"Wow!!!
Ian, I will take you

"Wow!!!
Ian, I will take you up on your generous offer.
However, I am not sure how to get it to Pittsburgh, PA from Scotland?"

Tomos 4 HP (T4S) FIXED

Tomos 4 HP (T4S) FIXED!!!!!

I recently received a email from a fellow from Denmark telling me to check the sparkplug cap on my Tomos 4 HP outboard.
He had the same outboard and His sparkplug cap shorted the high voltage after running for 10 min's then would run again after cooling down.

I replaced my sparkplug cap (even though it looked perfect) and now the Tomos runs great!

Folks in Denmark and this forum rocks.

Back