Logo

Tomos Outboard

what i'm looking for is th

what i'm looking for is the throttle handle and the components in it with the cable to the carb. the site your talking about is in German i think and i have not been able find what i'm looking for. i did send a couple e-mails to some people in the UK and i'm hoping to hear back from thanks jay

"I have a 10 hp Tomos traveler

"I have a 10 hp Tomos traveler outboard. The motor ran fine and was barely used but the bendix for the pull starter is damaged, the plastic teeth are broken. Does anybody know where to get one? If not I'm going to part it out, Somebody has got to be looking for parts for a motor."

i know i'm looking for a t

i know i'm looking for a throttle handle with the interator components and cable going to the carb.

I don't want to part the m

I don't want to part the motor out until I've made an effort to find the parts to fix it. I am interested in selling the whole motor. I Think I will post it as is locally and see what happpens. By the way I live in Michigan.

"I have a new out of the box 5

"I have a new out of the box 5HP Tomos T5S(literally, I found it sitting unused in the original box with packaging). It ran great for 45 minutes and stalled, and I haven't be able to getting running since. While I don't profess to be an outboard mechanic, I've tried all the standard fixes, disassembled carb and cleaned, disassembled fuel pump and cleaned, tried different fuel tank(know to be good), changed spark plug, checked coils with meter (seem good). It will only idle rough, and stalls when I give it gas. Plug keeps fouling (it's getting gas). So I deduce it's the CDI and since I can't get one of those, I give up, it's up for sale as-is or parts. This was supposed to be my good motor while I repair my MERC. Anyway I gave $300.00 for it, so any reasonable price, $200 obo, it's yours. I live in SW Michigan, prefer pickup. Reply here or send email to [email protected]."

"Hi,

I have some brandnew p

"Hi,

I have some brandnew parts lying for TOMOS AILSA Traveler 10 18 T10 T18.

Impeller
handstart sprocket toothwheel
propellor cone with shearpin
Some small parts
fuelhose connector fuelconnector
And some others.
Also some used parts

Best regards,

Arieknarie"

"Hello everyone, I've foun

"Hello everyone, I've found something which may be useful to us all.

After a search on (of all places) Wikipedia, I've found a website, based in Croatia who retail parts for Tomos motorcycles and outboards.

Infortunatley I can netiher read or speak the lingo, but from the sizw of their catalogue, and the pictures on the site, I'd say they can get most if not all parts for these engines.

Their site is at http://www.tomos-autousluga.hr

...and the model menu for the outboard catalogue is at http://www.tomos-autousluga.hr/index.php?menu=cjenik&lang=cro&cid=4

...and the route to it is via the link marked "cjenik" which can be found sixth from left below the sites main ad banner, and then via the button marked "VANBRODSKI MOTORI TOMOS" - the keyword here being "Vanbrodski".

I haven't explored the site in any greater depth yet, so I don't know if they have an on-line shop, but still, at least the spares are available."

"Hi David,

Unfortunaly the

"Hi David,

Unfortunaly the shop does not speak english or german. I have found out the site a few years ago.
After 7 emails i have received 1 reply in very bad english with the comment; ONLY PICK-UP AT OUR STORE, WE CAN'T SEND THE ITEMS. So, if you want to plan a holliday to Croatia you can get the parts.

Regards,

Arieknarie"

i have a tomos 4hp that runs g

i have a tomos 4hp that runs good but quits after a few minutes and i dont know why also is this a water cooled or a air cooled engine i think there is a water intake port at the bottom but there is no water ejected out anywhere from the outboard

"hey guys, could you direct me

"hey guys, could you direct me to a website where i could download a version of the manual for the tomos 5 hp outboard? i am trying to bring one of these back to life. anything could be useful. thank you!"

"hey there Negru, i dont know

"hey there Negru, i dont know of a website that is in english and the only info i know of is what some people gave me on here. i have worked on my motor myself and got it running very well if you may be interested in mine i have it for sale. you can reach me at [email protected]. It;s a tomos 4hp."

Hi
If someone is feed Up with Tomos outboards i will buy them of you if you are based in UK.
My ebay user name is Tikves13 and im buying all Tomos outboards and im sending them from where they come from !!
Please send me a email on [email protected] with details of your outboard and i will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks
Zed

Still have T5s. Repaired with pit bike CD and coil. Ran until it got hot (97 deg + day) and stranded me and the wife (she said, never again, get another motor!). Now hard to start, so sell as-is for parts, maybe you'll have better luck. Pick up in West Michigan. $100.00. email [email protected]

Hi

I just recieved a Tomos 4hp, air cooled and no gears. My problem is when i removed the small panel with the kill switch on suddenly i found two white wires were hanging loose and i dont know where they should be atached. One comes from the back of the kill switch and the other comes out of a plastic wiring connector under the carb, both wires are white and i do seem to remember that one may have been connected to the small screw on the inside of this plate as an earth. Can anyone help me out with photos so that i can get this thing working again? Also once started my motor seems to run ok but idle slos and it will stall, if i squeeze the priming bulb more then fuel leaks our from the round brass rod/plug at the rear of the carb so i am assuming this is abnormal?
Please help.

Svdsniper

Re: "was anyone ever able to find

Hi lads can anybody tell me if the tomos4.0 is water cooled,in the main shaft is the drive shaft,the gear change,and a pipe that fits at the top of the engine and goes nowhere at the bottom. there is an iode on the out side directly underneath.the reason why i ask is after 4 min of engine running the steering goes realy tight,thanks

Last edited:
Tomos Outboard SPARES UK?

Hi all new to all this so br-with me,i have got a tomos ts10 electric start outboard and the bracket that holds the motor on has come loss,if i undo the fly wheel and take it off will i knacker the timing or anything that is there, or anything to watch for when i do this so i can do the bolts back up?

Also is there any where to buy spares in the uk at the minute or else where that speak english.
Or has any body got spares: Starter dog plastic,impeller, tomos decals,fuel connector female.

Cheers lads.

My email address is: [email protected]
contact number;07971 55 86 95.

Thanks for any help.

Tomos outboard ts10 cataloge pdf file

This may be of use to some people.i have got a tomos outboard ts10 cataloge with parts numbers on it adobe pdf file.

Re: hi to all you tomos owners i b

hi to all you tomos owners i bined a 4hp ailsa graig couple of weeks ago as i could not find parts for it i i had known someone had a use for it they could have had it

I binned the one I had as well, along with a 1960 Gibson Les Paul that my baby Unicorn had been chewing on ... Im pretty sure that I still have the pickups off the guitar and the bit that winds the outboard up, in an old Turkish Delight box in the back of my wardrobe - if anyone can use them...........
I dont want anything for them, so long as someones "wound up" - Im happy........................................

contact me here - http://www.facebook.com/Lying.Witch

Re: "was anyone ever able to find

Dear all I am a very new member in fact just about an hour old lol! My engine to my lovely Dawncraft Cruiser - Honda 15 HP was stolen late last year (sadly the insurance was out by a day)and I have recently replaced it was as you guessed a Tomos. I am relatively inexperienced as a lone woman boater but alas however fantastic a Tomos engine appears to be finding a fuel fitting is near nigh impossible- so perhaps I should of bought a Johnson or Mercury ??? Anyway I require a fuel fitting for my 9.9 engine so any help or advice of where to go this finf this obscure fitting will be greatly received or some advice or assistance to a similar fitting - anything as I want to get my little boat out and about now its spring. Thankyou Birman [email protected]

Re: " Hi Lads,
Have purchased a T

I had the same problem with an 18 Hp Tomos. I took the oridginal one off. I installed a length of fuel line from the motor connection to outside the motor through the hole where the original fitting was mounted. I then put a mercury end on the other hose end. I was able to hook my mercury gas tank to either my 4.5 mercury or my 18 Hp Tomos from then on.

Back