Logo

Evinrude 55 HP Questions

tom

Regular Contributor
" I have an Evinrude 55 HP Mod

" I have an Evinrude 55 HP Model # 55873R Serial # J06378 The back of the cover says Triumph. I would like to know the year it was made. Also, it will not start. I turn the key to the first position and the choke opens, turn to the start position and it just clicks. I just bought this boat and motor so I don't know it's history. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom Stinson Omro, WI "

" The motor is a 1968.
Check

" The motor is a 1968.
Check the condition of the battery, it could
be the reason for your no start condition. "

" I BOUGHT A 60 HP EVINRUDE TH

" I BOUGHT A 60 HP EVINRUDE THE SAME WAY. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SCRAP AS IT WAS NOT WINTERIZED AND WAS SITTING FOR 8+ YEARS. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A WONDERFUL MOTOR WITH A LITTLE TLC & CASH. MINE SAYS TRIUMPH ON THE BACK AND IS 3 CYLINDER,3 CARB WITH DUAL BREAKER POINTS TRIGGERING A IGNITION AMPLIFIER "CD" BOX. IT IS A 1970 MODEL W/ ELECTRIC SHIFT. LIKE ALL OUTBOARDS,CHECK COMPRESSION ON ALL CYLS BEFORE YOU INVEST/WASTE ANY MONEY. EVERY TIME I THINK A PART IS TOO EXPENSIVE I PRICE A NEW MOTOR. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP WITH INFO OR PARTS OR MORAL SUPPORT. MINE RUNS THAT GOOD. "

" I have an Evinrude 55 HP Tri

" I have an Evinrude 55 HP Triumph, 3 Cyl. Electric Shift. I bought it 10years ago but had to take it off the boat due to several problems most being electrical. All the wiring was disconnected so that the unit can be reused.
The last problem I had was that unit pulled down my battery. The unit was excelent for while under way. I could sell it in parts, the amplifier alone is worth ~ $300.

Joe D "

Back