Logo

115 HP Johnson OB water pump

C

Cray Lester

" I'm 'on the brink&#3

" I'm 'on the brink' of buying a '72 Glastron with a 115HP Johnson O/B with a bad water pump. The O/B looks pretty good, but won't be able to find out the year or model for a week or so. I'm trying to find out how & how difficult the water pump is (may be) to replace. During the years the 115 has been made, is replacing the pump similar on ?some/most/all? model years? Or are there just too many differences to cover? I would 'guess' it's somewhere in the range of mid-eighties to early nineties year model. I have been given a fairly good price on the rig, but have been told by third party the water pump could run as much as $200 to $275 parts, considerably more for labor. Just doesn't sound realistic, but I don't want to jump in over my head, even though I really don't think it would be too difficult nor expensive for me to do. Anyone able to give me information on procedures to rebuild/replace the water pump? Details not necessary, just rough idea of whether it's readily accessible, under the shroud/cover, or in the lower unit, or what has to be pulled (may have to be pulled) to get to it, etc? Realizing this may be too broad a question - I'd still be appreciative of any information you may be able to share.

Thanks again, Cray L "

Back