Logo

FORCE INFORMATION

supersal

"JUST BOUGHT BOAT, MOTOR, TRAI

"JUST BOUGHT BOAT, MOTOR, TRAILER CAN,T FIND TAG ON MOTOR FOR SS# OR YEAR. ANY HELP IN LOCATING IT. ALSO CAN'T TILT MOTOR UP, NOW IN DOWN POSITION. IS THERE A MANUAL RELEASE TO RAISE THE MOTOR. PLEASE HELP THIS OLD BUT NEW GUY TO THE PLEASURES OF THE WATER=THANKS"

Supersol... Give me the HP an

Supersol... Give me the HP and year (if you know it) of the motor and I'll try and help. Depending on the age of the motor the ser# may be on the side of the clamp bracket or inside the cowling.

Supersol... Give me the HP an

Supersol... Give me the HP and year (if you know it) of the motor and I'll try and help. Depending on the age of the motor the ser# may be on the side of the clamp bracket or inside the cowling.

HI
TO DJMERCMAND OR ANYONE W

HI
TO DJMERCMAND OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME
DJMERCMAND THANKS FOR THE REPLY SEND YOU AN EMAIL AND THE REPLY I GOT WRONG ADDRESS
HP IS 70=BOAT IS 92=DON'T KNOW IF MOTOR IS. DID LOCATE SER.# ON SIDE OF CLAMP. WILL SEE HOW TO READ THE # TOMORROW. IF I REMOVE BOLT AND NUT ON BOTTOM HOLE CAN I TILT MOTOR UP TO READ SER#?
THANKS AGAIN
SUPERSAL

Supersal......If you need to

Supersal......If you need to take a bolt out to move do you mean for adjusting "plane" or to allow the motor to tip up?(Must be able to to tip up if you hit something....if not serious damage can result to boat and or motor)
Also make sure motor is not in reverse when trying to tilt it up as many have reverse locks so motor wont climb out of water when in reverse.
If your motor is a Johnson/Evinrude I think you should have a tilt lever lock on side of engine

"motor i have is FORCE 70 HP,

"motor i have is FORCE 70 HP, don't know year, did locate ser. # i think, it is W1 1400-819128, trying to lift motor, power lift not working i think, sol. clicks but motor doesn't move. one email said there may be a lock, don't know where to find it and can't lift the motor manualy. can anyone help, also if that is ser# what year is this motor
thanks
supersal
{[email protected]"

Supersol...Thats not the ser#

Supersol...Thats not the ser# of the motor. Depending on the year of the motor (which I still don't know) you may have a force trim or a merc style trim. There very different so I need to know.

Back