Logo

OMC Flushing after use

T

tmon

I have a johnson 150hp outboa

I have a johnson 150hp outboard which I use in saltwater. I trailer my boat and sometimes don't have the time or energy left after a day of boating to flush the engine. I am told I should flush it every time yet if the boat was on a slip it may never get flushed.How criticle is it?

" Salt water will totally eat

" Salt water will totally eat an outboard motor from the inside out. You MUST find the time and energy to flush the motor, wash it down as well as the boat. If you don't the motor will not last you long. I live on the west coast of Canada and have boated on the salt water all my life so I do know what salt water does. "

" I have a 96 'rude ocean

" I have a 96 'rude ocean pro which stays in the salt water. I flush it with the hose hookup above the lower unit at the rear. I start the water then tilt the engine down into the salt water and start engine for about 1 minute, turn off engine and tilt engine up with water running for 5 minutes. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. If so will someone fill me in on the proper flushing method? Thanx. "

Back