Logo

Shift problem

epflynn

" 77 mercruiser 165hp with mer

" 77 mercruiser 165hp with mercruiser 1 outdrive. someone messed with my shift cables and i'm trying to fix it, it would shift into reverse no problem but when shifted in forward it almost goes in gear but won't i adjusted shift cable and then it would go into forward no problem but now it almost goes in reverse but won't anybody have this problem or know how to fix it any help would be great or know around about price a boat mechanic would charge thanks eric "

also just to let anyone know

also just to let anyone know when i disconnect the cable from the bracket and shift it by hand it goes into forward and reverse thanks again for the help

EPFLYN I NOTICED THAT YOU HA

EPFLYN I NOTICED THAT YOU HAD A OVERHEATING PROBLEM DID YOU REMOVE YOUR DRIVE AND REPLACE THE WATER PUMP? IF SO AND YOU DIDN'T INSTALL THE LOWER UNIT PROPERLY YOU MAY HAVE BENT THE SHIFT LINKAGE WHERE YOUR DRIVE GOES TOGETHER. IF NOT THER IS A METHOD TO ADJUST THE SHIFT CABLE PROPERLY. YOU SHOULD GET A MANUAL OR CONSULT WITH A DEALER. HARD TO EXPLAIN PROPERLY IN WORDS GOOD LUCK MERCMAN

EPFLYN I NOTICED THAT YOU HA

EPFLYN I NOTICED THAT YOU HAD A OVERHEATING PROBLEM DID YOU REMOVE YOUR DRIVE AND REPLACE THE WATER PUMP? IF SO AND YOU DIDN'T INSTALL THE LOWER UNIT PROPERLY YOU MAY HAVE BENT THE SHIFT LINKAGE WHERE YOUR DRIVE GOES TOGETHER. IF NOT THER IS A METHOD TO ADJUST THE SHIFT CABLE PROPERLY. YOU SHOULD GET A MANUAL OR CONSULT WITH A DEALER. HARD TO EXPLAIN PROPERLY IN WORDS GOOD LUCK MERCMAN

" I have a 1975 searay 24 week

" I have a 1975 searay 24 weekender/228hp merc. I am having a problem shifting into forward . Is there a adjustment on the shift cable? Or should I replace cable? If I have to replace cable could you advise, thank you
Out of the water, Bob "

Back