Logo

Joe or anyone who may know Please help me with PTT Question

trooper

" I have 92 Johnson 150 VJELAN

" I have 92 Johnson 150 VJELANC motor. The trim motor is not working all the time. After checking and replacing relays, wiring etc., I discovered the trim motor needs brushes. My local parts dealer only sells the entire motor. Do you know where I may find some brushes.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Trooper "

Trooper.... The model number y

Trooper.... The model number you list of VJELANC appears to be incorrect. It should be VJELENC.

Unfortunately that PTT electric motor is a non serviceable item. I could only suggest you take the brushes to NAPA of other automotive parts type stores to see if they might be able to duplicate them.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)

" Hello Trooper,
While I cann

" Hello Trooper,
While I cannot help with telling model numbers or years, I do have a lot of experience working with odd parts and problems (50+).

An electric motor is an electric motor, regardless of the job they do. SO if you have not had any luck at the "parts house" go to your local "Starter/Generater/Alternator" rebuild guys.

I once took the brushes from one starter and sanded them down to fit another and (since brushes are all made of the same material) they work fine.

Other times cleaning the point of contact between the brushes and the spindle they ride on with alchohol and a cotton swab work wonders.
If man can make it, man can fix it...that is my motto.

Puzzled Pete (may be puzzled but will figure it out eventually) "

Back