Logo

b62 25 HP Gale Outboardwater in the gear oilNew prop

W

W.Bruder

" My outboard has water in the

" My outboard has water in the gear oil, I think. There is oil coming out of the water intake of the pump. I would like to know what my next action should be to fix this problem and how to do it(details if it's not too much). Will I need to find any parts? Is it something that the average joe can take on in his spare time? Should it be taken care of immediately, or can it wait until the end of the season?

Also, I've noticed that there is getting to be quite a bit of vibration. I think it is the propeller which is out of balance. Does anybody know where or how I can get a new prop for this engine. Model #25DE 19B. My manual recommends a prop of--Aluminum,3 blades,10 3/8" Diameter by 12 1/2" Pitch which is the original prop. This engine pushes a 14 foot fiberglass and wood boat just fine with one or two adults, it planes well but is a little sluggish when turning. If there is any more than two people in the boat it just will not plane. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a different prop or if the engine just won't push that much weight regardless of the prop. "

" I have a 92 force 90hp o/b.

" I have a 92 force 90hp o/b. Ran great all day but then would not start after a few minutes when the engine was off. It started about 15 minutes later and I made it to dock. I shut it off and when I tried again to start it, nothing. Battery is fully charged and I had plenty of fuel. It cranked hard but seemed like there was no spark. any advice? "

You can scratch that last mes

You can scratch that last message. We had the boat out last night and we ended up rowing for an hour and a half to get back to the launch. Eleven o'clock before we got back. I'm just about ready to take it out and pull the plug in the middle of the lake. Thanks anyways.

Back