Logo

Another Carb rebuild Question

chris

Regular Contributor
on the side of the fuel res t

on the side of the fuel res the are two orfices one on each side. The book says there are two O-rings and also there is another item inside of the screws.

When I took the screws out there were O-rings but nothing else inside??
Should there be??

Thanks in Advance
Chris

" CHRIS, ARE YOU SPEAKING OF T

" CHRIS, ARE YOU SPEAKING OF THE FUEL BOWLS?(sorry for the caps). if so they either have 7/16 hex head screw or some ive seen are just for a common screwdriver. there should be a gasket or o-ring of some sort behind this screw. once this is removed there is supposed to be a jet(some call it a orfice)inside that requires the use of either a small screwdriver or perhaps an allen wrench to remove it. if this jet is not there you need to get some for it.i believe this is the high speed jet. did you have problems with poor fuel economy or fouling plugs?keep us posted "

Well I just purchased.

It

Well I just purchased.

It does run but it will not idle very well an when I throtled it up it took off and then boggede down adn cut off.

When I removed the screws from the fuel bowl(Which is under the float right?) each screw did have an O-ring but behind the scew there was nothing else I could put a small screwdriver throught he hole and see it from the top of the bowl.
Now there was a very small (jet/orfice) that I could see from the top of the bowl the pointed upward. but nothing in behind the screws.

I also check my second carb to see if the same was true for it. It was the same??

I am kind of lost here on what to do.

Thanks
Chris

Back