Logo

Carb rebuild 86 evinrude 90hp

C

Chris Hofman

" Hi Everyone,

Last night

" Hi Everyone,

Last night I started to rebuild my Carbs on a 1986 90HP Evin. I started taking apart the card and noticed there are a lot of extra parts in the Kit that I can not seem to find on the Carbs.
All that I can find are the O-rings and gaskets, needle and the float assembly. I do see the two metal disks but I can not see how to remove them. I have a manual that shows extra pieces in the orfice holes that are not there when I took mine apart??

Any help is much appreciated

Chris "

To remove the small disks...

To remove the small disks...

I take a small pointed punch...hold it at an angle and tap a small hole in the disk. Once its in I pop it out.

OR

Use a drill and a small bit to start the hole...then insert something to pop it out once the hole is large enough.

Once you have it out and have it carb cleaned up...place one of the disks with the rounded side up into the hole.

With a flat punch lightly tap the top of the disk to flatten it out.

" chris if i remember right th

" chris if i remember right those kits will fit on about 20 years worth of engines. dont be alarmed by the extra parts. as far as the metal discs are concerned, i use an awl to knock a hole thru the center of them and then pry them out. hope this helps and good luck!!! "

Back