Logo

At wits end runs great in pailnot in lake

shane

" 35 hp evinrude 1957 #25532,

" 35 hp evinrude 1957 #25532, no bubble's in fuel line (used to be), new gas and air lines (2 line system,)adjusted mixture screws runs like a champ in the pail (in gear)forward and reverse . but when i put it in the water it doesn't want to run right . starts to kick at low idle so i adjust the top mixture screw so it runs good then it starts to kick again after a couple of minutes and have to put the mixture screw back to where it was then it runs again. at wide open throttle , it takes off good planes out then falls on its face, then goes like a mother, then falls on its face (go , stop , go , stop).i think i might have the float set wrong but can't find any information on it, as to what to set it at or what the setting should be. could this be my problem and would you know what it is to be set at.
thanks for your help. "

" (Carburetor Float Settin

" (Carburetor Float Setting)

With the carburetor body held upside down, the float being viewed from the side, adjust the float so that the free end of the float (the end opposite the hinge pin) is ever so slightly higher (off level) than the other end. And when viewed from the end, make sure it is not cocked. "

" I have a 1955 mod.#7518 7.5

" I have a 1955 mod.#7518 7.5 Hp. Evenrude. It runs great, but doesn't pump waterunless I prime it through the flush drain. The Impeller looks like new and the passages seem clear. Looking for ideas. "

"Paul.... It would have been b

"Paul.... It would have been better if you had went to the previous page, then scrolled to the bottom whereas you could have entered a new post under your own topic. As it stands, your problem is somewhat buried under someone elses post. However, as long as I'm here.....

I'd recommend that you replace the entire water pump assy if for no other reason to eliminate that portion of the cooling system.

The alternative would be to remove the powerhead, the cylinder head, clean out all of the water passageways etc. A lot of work, wasted if that old pump has a scored and/or corroded impeller housing, plate, or possibly a impeller that looks great but is too flexible.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

1975 EVINRUDE 25HP RUNS GOOD

1975 EVINRUDE 25HP RUNS GOOD AT FULL THROTTLE BUT WHEN YOU IDLE IT DOWN IT DIES. WATER AND OIL MIXTURE COMING OUT OF PISTONS. COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME KIND OF ADVICE?

Back