Logo

Exhaust Manifolds

J

Jason Blue

" Does anyone know about how h

" Does anyone know about how hot exhaust manifolds on a 81 somerset inboard outboard with a 305 chevy should get? I have been told that they should just get warm to the touch, and I have also been told that they will get hot where you can't touch them. The ones on my boat if you put your hand on it it will almost burn you. You think it's o.k. or do I have a problem? "

" NOT GOOD UNLESS YOURE TOUCHI

" NOT GOOD UNLESS YOURE TOUCHING THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE MANIFOLD. IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN CALL ME AT DANIA MARINE 1-800-748-7739 AND ILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU. THANKS, GABRIEL. "

" No its the top of manifold t

" No its the top of manifold that is geting hot. Engine is running good, temp stays around 150 to 160. I also just replaced the impeller in the lower unit. Its a mercruiser model 1. "

" IF THE TOP OF THE RISER IS G

" IF THE TOP OF THE RISER IS GETTING HOT, THEN YOUR RISERS ARE RESTRICTED AND SHOULD BE CHANGED. "

I agree with the guy at Dania

I agree with the guy at Daniamarine. The next thing that will happen is that you will burn up the bellows or at least melt the rubber. Exactly the same thing happened to me. New risers and manifolds are only slightly warm to the touch.

Back