Logo

What year is my sea king motor

M

mike wilson

i have a montgomery ward sea k

i have a montgomery ward sea king motor 9.9 h.p. model vwb 52298 could someone tell me what year it is ?

"I don't see model VWB 522

"I don't see model VWB 52298, but VWB 52299 is a 1980. So VWB 52298 is probably 1979 or 1980.

Hope that helps..."

"Hi folks, Im new to the boati

"Hi folks, Im new to the boating world. I just pick up a seaking model # vwb27435 ser. 37x20104.
would like to know what year this is and where i can get parts. Any help would be nice thanks.
you can contact me at [email protected]"

"hello, i have a sea king mode

"hello, i have a sea king model # xtv 52329A. I am having an over heating problem after running it for a short time. i am running it at 24:1 any help would be appreciated. motor seems to run fine just gets hot. also what year might it be and what gas to oil ratio should i use? thanks"

I have a Wards Sea King by Chr

I have a Wards Sea King by Chrysler Model number is VWB52119E. Serial number is 48X32126. I'm looking to find out what year this motor was made and where to fing repair manuals for it.

PL

"Hi
I have a SeaKing VWB 522

"Hi
I have a SeaKing VWB 52299 9.9hp Chrysler motor purchased from Montgomery Ward in 1980 or 1981 }
It has been on a motor stand in garage - only has apx 20 hrs on it. This is in very clean condition
Can anyone tell me what the $$value would be on this if I were to sell it, have someone interested in it.
thank you
MB"

"I recently purchased a 15hp C

"I recently purchased a 15hp Chrysler/Seaking motor. I would like to know what year it is. Model No. VWB 52119A. Also, if it came with a starter. It does not have one, or solinoid, but neither does it have a recoil assembly."

"Need help finding repair manu

"Need help finding repair manual for a Sea King Mont. Ward. It is 4500RPM, Model: VWB19074A. Serial: 66X 10266. We accuired this through a friend, and we need to know engine size, and year and maker. I can repair if I have the right manual. Or at least a start. Help me please, would like to use this summer."

"I have a 9.9 HP Sea King by C

"I have a 9.9 HP Sea King by Chrysler made by Montgomery Ward, Model VWB 52299A 18X121806. Need to know age and where to buy maintenance & parts manual.
Al Lanier Cell 910-987-4554"

"Sid Shrouds, you might want t

"Sid Shrouds, you might want to kick that fuel mixture up to what it should be for starter, 50:1, and then check the impeller, you may not be getting the water needed to cool this engine. Im sure I am right on the fuel mixture, however check your owners manual on the engine you have, I have a 15 h.p. and it requires 50:1, hope this helps, good luck."

I have a 15hp Chrysler Seaking outboard sold by montgomery Wards. I am unsure of the year. Here is the model number is VWB52118A and the serial is 28X 2342. I am having trouble with the steering. It seems like the upper bearing swivel bracket is sticking. I've tried to lube it through the one grease fitting that I found. But it don't seem to help. I am also looking for a repair manual and where I can find parts. Thanks for your time

You shouldn't post on another's thread unless your helping fix their problem.
This post is 7 years old.
Start your own thread. There is a spot to start your post.
Oh yea Welcome!
There are bushings at the top and bottom, possibly plastic.
They get dry after years of neglect.
You need a small propane torch.
Start slowly at the top and WARM it up.
Too much heat and it will make the bushings seize.
Turning it on it's head and heating it will melt some grease and allow it to move to the top.
Keep adding grease.
If the zert is removable take it out and as you heat it blow air into the hole and then add WD or PB Blaster or straight oil.
Then heat, turn the motor, heat, turn repeat.

Last edited:
Back