Logo

An 85 Evinrude 99 water pump and seal leakage

bellefe

I am looking to buy a 9.9 Evin

I am looking to buy a 9.9 Evinrude 1985 model E10RCOM. I tested it last night and at first saw water streaming indicating water pump was working. It took awhile to warm up as the motor had been sitting for over a year. After acouple of minutes the jet stopped and the water continued to dripped. Engine did not seem to be hot. Also when I pulled the motor of of the tub a white greasy flow come out of the water intake and prop area. Any ideas and cost to fix. Thanks in advance

Pat

"a thorough gearcase re-seal

"a thorough gearcase re-seal job,should cure both prob....but,i would suggest having it checked out by a boat shop,as gearcase needs to be pressure checked.it is probably due for the re-seal and water pump kit."

What you are looking at may we

What you are looking at may well be normal. A little bit of dirt will block the water indicator. Running a motor in a barrel will usually show the oily discharge. So if you are buying a used motor always install a new water pump impeller( it simply is a must do ). Have the lower unit pressure tested.

i'M GETTING AN IMPELLEr TO

i'M GETTING AN IMPELLEr TOMORROW AND SEE IF THAT WORKS. lOOKED AT THE GRAR GREASE AND IT IS DARTK OILY NOT WHITE

Took the lower end off and imp

Took the lower end off and impeller looks fine. Fired her up in a tub and she purred for 30 minutes. I gues I am not used to 2 strokes. Thanks to all for the advice. She ready for her maiden voyage to catch some trout

Back