Logo

Selling merc 99 engine

donswife

My late husband bought a Mecur

My late husband bought a Mecury 9.9 hp motor. It only has about 10-20 hours of use. It is approximately 5 years old. How much could I sell this for?

"Here is a 2004, 9.9Hp Mercury

"Here is a 2004, 9.9Hp Mercury, 4 stroke engine currently for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2004-9-9-MERCURY-FOURSTROKE-OUTBOARD-BOAT-MOTOR-15-25_W0QQite mZ200098208709QQcategoryZ111122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It currently has 9 bids with the highest currently at $1,075. There are still 5 days left on this auction, so I would expect the price to rise as we get closer to Sunday. You should keep an eye on this one, especially on the last day.

My guess is that the price will get up to around $1,750 plus the buyer needs to pay another $150 for shipping. But, as I said, you should tune in since my guesses can be wrong and this is a live auction as we speak.

If yours is a few years older, you may need to take a couple hundred dollars off the price. Good luck to you."

"I checked Ebay on this one to

"I checked Ebay on this one today. With 5 hours left on the auction, they have 20 bids with the highest being about $1,500.

In reading the selling information updates, the owner tells now says that the motor is actually a 2003 and not a 2004, like it was previously advertised. In light of this extra year of use, and my concern that if he didn't even know what year of motor he had, did he know enough to take proper care of it, I would say $1,500 would be top dollar. But, I have seen these auctions go above top dollar before. So we will see.

Anyway, that would be my guess at the fair value of your motor. About $1,500. Good luck."

"Hello Gentleman,
Been so bus

"Hello Gentleman,
Been so busy never got around to posting this. My question is where do I find the year of the motor. Really have to get going on this. Thanks for all of you previous help."

"Straight from the Mercury Hom

"Straight from the Mercury Home site

How can I determine when my outboard was built?

Every Mercury outboard has a serial number label located on the transom bracket area of the engine. The latest serial number labels display a manufacturing date that shows a month and year of production. For example, an engine boxed in September of 2006 will read “Sep 2006” just above the serial number. \"

Back