Logo

Mercruiser 37 470 motor

madwahoo

"Hello, everyone. I have the c

"Hello, everyone. I have the chance to buy a 1989 larson cuddy cabin for $2,000. 19ft. It has been kept out of the sun and weather and everthing is solid. The motor runs fine. The only thing that I am concerned with is the 3.7. I am hearing that there $$$$ to fix. Is this boat still a good deal??? thanks in advance!"

"You can get that engine rebui

"You can get that engine rebuilt for under $2000, not including the labor to remove and reinstall."

Mark:
It takes $$$ to fix mos

Mark:
It takes $$$ to fix most engines. Run the 17 yr old until it quits and then repower with a 4.3L V-6 drop-in (complete) engine. The 3.7L & 4.3L are like night and day when it comes to performance.
Guy

"A 4.3 most likely won't d

"A 4.3 most likely won't drop in without a lot of work. The power steering (if equipped) may be in the way and the gimble may have to be replaced. The 3.7 engines usually use the Alpha 1 generation 1 outdrive. Most 4.3 have a generation 2. They don't match up. The engine mounting and exhaust flanges are different. When you hold up a 4.3 Y-pipe for the exhaust instead of the 3.7 single pipe, it isn't even remotely close as far as mounting and space. Find another boat if you are scared of it - my 3.7 has been a money pit. Would you like to buy it? It is an easy engine to work on but parts are getting pricy. BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand"

Back