Logo

1995 GT40 nautique

supersport6spd

"i have a 95 nautique with the

"i have a 95 nautique with the original gt-40 in it. the motor runs awesome, but my problem lies with the motor. i can run it for about 20-30 mins fine at idle. once i run it about 30-35 mph for a little bit it sometimes will just die out. go to start it back up and fires right up, then immediatley dies again, does this for about 10 times, then runs fine for a while and the whole process starts over. i know it has to be a sensor or something electrical, please help, ifyou have seen this. thankx justin"

"Maybe a sensor, but my first

"Maybe a sensor, but my first thought is water in the gas. Put in fuel dryer and let us know. ALso change any filter you might have in fuel system"

"well i changed both filters o

"well i changed both filters out. the problem continued, took the boat back home, completely bypassed the serperator, and only left the inline filter in place, boat seems to be fine as of now, i will comtinue to try it and hopefully it does good. justin"

I think you just proved that y

I think you just proved that you have water in the gas. Pull some out place into glass jar look for water.

"I have found A new discovery,

"I have found A new discovery, boat is still acting up,Here is what i found out, i do not think there is water in the fuel, boat runs awesome when it is running, yesterday i took it for a ride about 4 miles at all different speeds, stopped for about an hour and gave me problems starting back up, poped the cover and let air out for 20-30 mins ran fine, started right up, ran back up creek got boat good and warm(150-160)degrees is what it runs, stopped it, poped the top and let cool, started back up ran great. i have noticed that this problem only seems to occour when something under the cover gets to warm for a period of time. I do believe my fuel problem is solved now, but there is still something else there, that is acting just like a kill switch when i start it at times, it starts right up and dies right out and even when i am running it down the creek, it is just like someone flipped the kill switch, but i let it cool for a few w/ cover up and everything is fine. thanks justin"

Back