Logo

b83 50hp 4cyl OB carb ID and rebuild

A

al billings

SN 6307644. All the suppliers

SN 6307644. All the suppliers only list a gasket kit for the carbs on this engine. Can anyone tell me if I have Tillotson's or Walbro's? BA-3D is stamped on the mounting flange. Why isn't there needles and seats in the kit? Should I rebuild and just clean up what I have and use new gaskets? Anybody got some good advice for a 10 year garage queen before I start her up?

"Yeah, I've seen it before

"Yeah, I've seen it before. Problem is, those 2 pictures look identical to me.

When rebuilding, should I necessarily do the needles and seats too?

BTW, I DO have the factory service manual.

Thanks for the response."

"Ah, check that. "Upon fu

"Ah, check that. "Upon further review" I can see some OBVIOUS differences. But I would still appreciate the 2 minute tutorial on what's necessary and what's just extra work on the rebuild. Any tips welcome too.

Al"

"depending on age of the float

"depending on age of the floats, some are not copatable with the new fuels, set the float height, remove main jets and clean, blow idle jet holes clean (located behind throttle plate). Follow the service manual, an extra $20 now will pay off on the water, great engine. Change the lower lube and water pump."

"Yeah, lube and pump is on the

"Yeah, lube and pump is on the list. Thanks for the advice. Assuming nothing is broken/bent/corroded/etc, are you saying I probably only need the gasket kit?

I was also going to throw some oil in the cylinders and hand crank a few dozen turns because it hasn't been run in 10 years. Good idea?

Thanks!"

"buy the floats and needles if

"buy the floats and needles if you are going to tear the carbs apart, extra oil in the gas and it should be good."

"Yeah, you're right. Why

"Yeah, you're right. Why tear it apart again and cuss myself out for not doing it right the first time? Good advice. I'll leave you alone now!

Many thanks!
Al"

Back