Logo

Difficult startand plenty white smoke

collordon

"Three cyclinder volvo penta,

"Three cyclinder volvo penta, The battery is OK when start is pressed the engine turns for a long time. Compression is good. Eventually it fires off with plumes of white smoke 1200 rpm. It will wind up to 2200 rpm - still smoking. Return to idle - engage prop and open throttle under load. Smoke disapears and engine runs quite normally when warmed up. Can any one help me find the start up problem please?"

"SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE LOOSEING

"SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE LOOSEING FUEL PRIME, CHECK FOR LEAKS, TRY PRESSURE TESTING FUEL SYETEM"

I would check the fuel injecto

I would check the fuel injectors- it sounds like at least one of them is sticking open until the motor runs for awhile. Remove them and have them checked at a shop. The white smoke is unburned fuel.

"I have same problem 3 year ol

"I have same problem 3 year old MD2030D, thick white smoke on starting improves with warm up. Noisey uneven tick over. Since new it has blown 3 sets of glow plugs and has needed injectors servicing. Checked timing of injector pump and it seems to be fuel cut-off at 16 degress - some 4 to 5 degrees late. Why? What could have changed. Can anybody help please?"

Back