Logo

Replace 454 CID with 350 CID

dgyomory

"I recently purchased a houseb

"I recently purchased a houseboat with twin 454's. The LH engine is currenlty in the boat with roughly 750 hours on it. The RH (reverse rotation) was taken out. He purchased a used LH and was attempting to convert it to RH. I have been told this is possible but not the best choice. Previous owner's widow sold me the boat with the engine in 100 pieces. I am no mechanic therefore am considering buying a remanufactured 454. After pricing, I realized I could get 2 remanufactured 350CID for about the same price. Are the 454 CID long block and 350 CID long block enterchangable?"

"Somewhat,..... But Not really

"Somewhat,..... But Not really........

They share the same Bellhousing Bolt Pattern, But No the same Exhaust manifold Bolt Pattern.....

There are More things Different, than are the Same......."

"Can a standard be converted t

"Can a standard be converted to a reverse rotation? Is so, roughly at what costs for parts and how many hours of a mechanics labor? Trying to compare to reman long block engine at roughly $3500."

"You can get one MUCH cheaper

"You can get one MUCH cheaper than that.

Swapping the cam and other things won't be cheap, and some engines (Chrysler) require different seals for the assbackwards engines. I'd go with a reasonably priced reman.

Try these guys:

http://www.marinepowerservice.com

Jeff"

Back