Logo

1986 Bayliner Capri 18 Ft w Volvo stern drive AQ131abcd with 275 drive

clf2r

"Hello all! I just bought this

"Hello all! I just bought this boat and am new to engine rebuilding. The engine is missing the battery, fuel hoses and i think thats it. The interior has been gutted and has new deck glassed in want to get the engine going before doing anymore interior work. Where do you think i should begin?"

"First, buy the Seloc or Clyme

"First, buy the Seloc or Clymer manuals (or both) for your engine/drive. You will need them if you want to do your own repairs.

Second, if your engine is beyond repair, consider buying a car engine (B21/b23 block) and marinize it. If you search the Volvo Penta forum, I have posted in the past how to do it.

Good luck."

How do i tell the difference b

How do i tell the difference between the AQ131A and the AQ131C engine or is there someplace on the engine that will tell me exactly which engine i have?

"The AQ131A had the 275 outdri

"The AQ131A had the 275 outdrive, while the AQ131C & D came with the SP.

Regarding your engine model, check for a brass plate in the engine block, in the area where the starter is attached (refer to the picture).

71146.jpg
"

What type of fuel hoses should

What type of fuel hoses should I use for the gas tank input hose and the hose from the tank to the fuel pump?

Back