Logo

1998 Yamaha 150 outboard

madx4

"1998 Yamaha 150 outboard . I

"1998 Yamaha 150 outboard . I can not get the engine to start nor will the power tilt and trim work. The silenoids will not engage when the ignition switch is turned. There is a signal at the engine when switch is turned to the start position ( closure ). There is power to the silenoids but also cannot understand why the power tilt will not work. Could this be a safety switch problem or fuse. I've checked the emergency shut off switch on the console and it appears to be okay, normally open and when pulled closed. Is there another safety shut down some where that could affect the starting and power trim?????????????"

"Terry,what those two systems

"Terry,what those two systems have in common are the battery cables and the battery.Do the solenoids click at all? Has your battery been load tested? Are you sure that all your cables are connectd? Are they clean and tight? If all is good can you bypass the solenoids to make either the starter or trim work?"

"terry, I fixed my problem by

"terry, I fixed my problem by purchasing a 850CCA battery designed for EFI engines. Boat runs great now."

Back